Associate of Arts in Business
Students who have completed the Associate of Arts in Business program will demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to apply and integrate business related concepts in the local and global economies.
Goal 1: Students will be able to identify ethical and legal dilemmas facing business professionals and apply decision-making techniques and ethical reasoning to solve them.
Goal 2: Students will understand and apply principles of individual and group behavior in the business
In addition to the General Education Requirement, students must complete nine of the following three credit courses, for a total of 61 or more credits.
- BUS 295 Small Business and Entrepreneurship Management (3) (Prerequisites: BUS 110, BUS 150, BUS 170, BUS 200, BUS 215, MTH 230, ENG 101)
- BUS 110 Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 150 Business Law (3)
- BUS 170 Principles of Management (3) (CPT 112 is recommended before taking this course)
- BUS 200 Principles of Marketing (3)
- BUS 215 Business Communication (3) (Prerequisite ENG 099 or Compass(R) ENG 101 score), (CPT 112 is recommended before taking this course)
- ECO 201 Priciples of Economics (3)
- ACC 115 Accounting Principles (3)
Students must also choose two of the following three credit classes:
- BUS 160 Principles of Supervision (3) (Prerequisite BUS 110)
- BUS 202 Legal Environment of Business (3)
- BUS 250 Organizational Behaviors (3)
- BUS 260 Human Resource Management (3) (Prerequisite BUS 170)
- ACC 116 Accounting Principles II (3) (Prerequisite ACC 115)
- ECO 202 Principles of Economics II (3) (Prerequisite ECO 201)
- BUS 291-294, BUS 296-299 Business Special Topics (3)
Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College - 2274 Enterprise Drive Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858
Voice (989) 317-4760; Fax: (989) 317-4781; email: email@example.com